2017 Stencil Art Prize Entrant Terms and Conditions
By entering the Stencil Art Prize you agree to, and are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The creator of the stencil Work will be known as the Entrant for the purpose of these Terms and Conditions. The Entrant must be the creator and owner of the Work submitted.
- Our definition of a stencil is a template used to draw, paint, cut or make identical letters, symbols, shapes, images or patterns every time it is used.
- We accept screenprints as long as the Entrant consider their Work to be ‘stencils’.
- You must use a stencil to create the majority of your stencil work.
- Work refers to the stencil art work that the Entrant is entering into the Stencil Art Prize.
- The Stencil Art Prize is run by Sweet Media.
- Exhibiting Venue refers to the nominated Venue or Gallery that is hosting the 2017 Stencil Art Prize. Dates and location of the Exhibiting Venue may change without notice, but all finalists will be given reasonable notice.
- The Entry Form refers to the online Entry Questions and associated instructions which are located at : http://www.stencilartprize.com/how-to-enter/
- The actual physical Work entered into Stencil Art Prize must not have been previously displayed at an Exhibition, Museum, Gallery, Venue, Competition, Festival or Event. If variations of the same stencil design have been exhibited elsewhere, your Entry will be eligible as long as the Work entered is not identical in design or the same physical Work that has exhibited elsewhere.
- The Stencil Art Prize is an acquisitive art prize. The Winning Work is acquired by the Sweet Media and all other Works are for sale.
- Entrants are required to use their full legal name on the Entry Form, however where a pseudonym is also supplied, only the pseudonym will be publicly released. We respect that some artists may wish to remain completely anonymous, and if this is the case, we suggest finding an alternative art prize to enter.
- Entrant’s personal information will remain confidential to the Stencil Art Prize and will not be shared with third parties unless permission is specifically stated.
- When you enter the Stencil Art Prize you agree to sign up to our enewsletter, as we use the same email software to communicate with finalists.
STENCIL ART PRIZE TOURING EXHIBITION
- Finalists may be offered the opportunity to exhibit their artwork in a touring Stencil Art Prize Exhibition at no additional cost to the finalist. Details of this tour will be included in the Finalist Agreement for the Finalist to consider.
- Finalists under the age of 18 will be required to have their parent or legal guardian co-sign an Exhibition Artist Agreement if they are selected as a Finalist.
- The Entry Fee is $35 Australian Dollars and must be paid for each Work entered into the Stencil Art Prize.
- You may enter as many times as you like, and each entry must be entered separately on individual Entry Forms.
- The Entry Fee is non-refundable.
- The Entry Fee can be paid via Pay Pal.
- Deadline for entries is 6 June 2017.
- Each Entry must address each item in the Entry Form which can be found at www.stencilartprize.com. Incomplete entries may not be processed. The Entry Form, forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry is via email.
- You must enter a photograph of the actual completed Work that you wish to exhibit in the Stencil Art Prize. This means that you must complete the stencil painting in its final format before photographing it.
- Photos of street art will not be accepted.
- Images must be clear and cropped and supplied as high res JPEG or TIFF files, minimum resolution is 1MB. Maximum is 3MB.
- There is no physical minimum Work size. The physical maximum Work size is 150cm x 150cm. If your work is larger, you can contact us to request special consideration for a larger work.
- Upon sending in your Entry and payment you are agreeing to the Stencil Art Prize Terms and Conditions.
- All Works entered into the Stencil Art Prize must have been produced in the last 12 months.
- The Stencil Art Prize reserves the right to refuse an Entry or Entrant at the Stencil Art Prize’s discretion.
- Works must be available for exhibition on good quality canvas, material, board or mixed media surface. Works on paper or cardboard must be suitably framed or mounted so that they can be exhibited.
- Staff, sponsors, partners and associates of Stencil Art Prize cannot enter the Stencil Art Prize.
- The Entrant must own copyright for their work.
- Copyright of Finalist and Winning Works will remain with the Entrant. Sweet Media, and any sponsors or partners of the Stencil Art Prize reserve the right to reproduce Finalist or Winning Works for promotional purposes related to the Stencil Art Prize, within reason.
- A Finalist’s Work may be used on Stencil Art Prize merchandise upon the Finalist signing a merchandise agreement.
- All entries will be judged on merit and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the judge’s final decision.
- There is no theme for the Stencil Art Prize.
- Prizes will be announced as they are made available.
- 2017 Judges cannot enter the Stencil Art Prize during the year that they are judging.
- If selected as a Finalist, the Entrant agrees to supply their Work on good quality canvas, material, board or mixed media surface. All Work must be supplied ready to hang in the Exhibition.
- Due to space constraints, a selection of finalists only may be exhibited.
- Finalists will be announced on the website www.stencilartprize.com in August 2017.
- Finalists may be required to produce proof of identity by way of a current drivers license, passport or other means.
- Finalists will receive email confirmation from the Stencil Art Prize confirming their Finalist status for a selected Work.
- If delivered Work is substantially different from the image of the Work entered into the Stencil Art Prize, a Finalist’s status may be revoked and Work removed from the Stencil Art Prize.
- Aside from the winning Works which will be acquired by Sweet Media, all Works submitted to Stencil Art Prize must be available for sale under the Exhibiting Venue’s standard terms and conditions. A sales commission will apply. This will be outlined in the Finalist Agreement that Finalists are required to sign.
- Finalists are responsible for all costs associated with preparing their Work on good quality canvas, material, board or mixed media surface for the purpose of exhibiting, and all shipping costs to and from the Stencil Art Prize exhibition in Sydney.
- International Artists please note that there are strict maximum sizes for sending artworks to Australia through our postal service. Our postal service does not accept large artworks, so you will need to courier your artwork to Australia if it is larger than our postal service maximum size of 100cm in girth, please refer to the Australia Post website for the most current information.
- Larger artworks can be sent by courier.
- The Stencil Art Prize and the Exhibiting Venue will exercise all due care with the finalists Works that are Exhibited but will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered whatsoever to any Works while in transit or under its control. Entrants are responsible for the insurance of their Work.
- The winner will receive a $5000 cash prize (Australian Dollars) and the winning artwork will be acquired by Sweet Media.
- The winner will be announced at the opening of the Stencil Art Prize at the Exhibition. Dates and details of the Exhibition and Exhibiting Venue will be published at www.stencilartprize.com
- Details of the Stencil Art Prize will be announced online at www.stencilartprize.com as they are made available.
- Additional prizes may be made available throughout the year and details will be published about these on our website.