Entries for 2017 Stencil Art Prize are now open.
To receive ongoing updates about the Stencil Art Prize and other stencil news subscribe to our enewsletter here.
$5000 Cash Prize
Finalists and the winning artwork will exhibit in 2017 at the Stirrup Gallery from the 8 – 17 September in Sydney. The winner will receive a $5000 cash prize (Australian Dollars).The Stencil Art Prize is an acquisitive prize, which means that the winning artwork is acquired and kept by the Stencil Art Prize.
This year for the first time, finalists will be able to sell up to 10 good quality prints of their artworks in addition to their stencil painting, through our online shop and at the exhibition.
Deadline for Entries – 6 June 2017
The deadline for entries 6 June 2017. Entry cost $35 AUD per entry. Entry is via email. Our Early Bird Offer – 2 entries for the price of 1 – is valid for entrants who have not previously been finalists in the Stencil Art Prize. The Early Bird Offer ends on 30 April 2017.
How to enter
1]. Pay the $35 entry fee on the payment page here (payment is via Pay Pal)
2]. Copy and paste the Entry Questions (see below) into the body of an email and answer all of the questions
3]. Attach a high resolution image of your completed stencil painting (on canvas, board or mixed media material) as a JPG or TIFF file (1MB – 3MB)
4]. If you are entering multiple entries, you may make one payment transaction to cover the entry fees, however you MUST send each entry in a seperate email.
5]. Email your entry to entry [at] stencilartprize [dot] com
6.] The deadline for entries is 6 June 2017.
Once we have processed your payment, we will send you an email confirming that we have processed your entry.
READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You can read these here.
Key points include:
- Maximum size for artworks is 150cm x 150cm. We can accept larger pieces, however you should contact us first for larger works before entering.
- The Stencil Art Prize is an acquisitive prize, which means that we keep the winning artwork. The winner will receive a $5000 cash prize (Australian Dollars)
- Entry costs $35 per artwork (Australian Dollars).
- Artists must own copyright for their artwork. Copyright remains with the artist.
- All Finalist artworks must be available for sale. In 2017, Finalists will be able to sell up to 10 prints of their work at the exhibition and through our online shop.
- Finalist artworks may go out tour for up to 9 months after the Sydney Exhibition. Details of tours will be included in a Finalist Exhibition Agreement if you are selected as a finalist.
- Finalists must cover the cost of shipping their artwork to Sydney Australia. If the artwork does not sell, Finalists must cover the cost or return shipping. If you’re concerned about shipping costs, consider entering a small artwork (under 25cm x 25cm) that can be sent through the post. We’ve got some info here on this subject
- Artworks must not have exhibited in other exhibitions, competitions, festivals etc before. However a variation of a work will be accepted, as long as it is not identical in design or the same physical stencil.
- Entrants must submit a photograph of their completed stencil painting. Computer generated images of the stencil that you intend to paint will not be accepted.
Please ensure that you read all of the Terms and Conditions before entering.
2017 – ENTRY FORM QUESTIONS
Copy and paste the below questions into the body of an email. Answer ‘yes’ next to the relevant fields and answer all sections with an *asterix.
STENCIL ART PRIZE ENTRY FORM
1. YOUR DETAILS:
If pseudonym is supplied, you will only be referred to by your pseudonym in public materials
Do you agree to the Terms & Conditions here http://www.stencilartprize.com/terms-conditions/?*: Yes/ No
Name appearing on PayPal account:*
Are you over 18?:* Yes/No
Year of birth if under 18:
Country of Birth:*
Brief Artist Bio:*
How long have you been an artist?:*
How did you find out about this art prize?:*
If selected as a finalist, do you wish to have your contact details shared with media so that they may contact you directly?:* YES / NO
2. ENTRY DETAILS:
Title of Stencil Artwork:*
Artwork Height (height in cm):*
Artwork Width (width in cm):*
Brief description of your stencil:*
My stencil painting is on:*
– Board (ply, wood etc)
– Found object
– Mixed Media
– Other (please detail)
The stencil was created using:*
– Spray Paint
– Oil Paint
– Watercolour Paint
– Acrylic Paint
– Crayons, Pencils, Permanent Makers, etc
Stencil image originated from:*
– Hand drawn image by me
– Hand drawn image by someone else – I have permission to use it*: Yes/No
– Photograph that I took
– Photograph that someone else took – I have permission to use it*: Yes /No
– Image from Google
– Other (please detail)
Which stencil methods did you use:*
– Stencil layers computer generated
– Stencil layers hand drawn
– Stencil hand cut
– Stencil machine cut
– Stencil laser cut
– Screen printing
– Digital print
– Other (please detail)
3. Attach Your Stencil image to this email:*
Attach a high resolution image (between 1mb and 3mb – JPG, JPEG or TIFF)
4. Image declaration*
The attached image is a photograph of the finished stencil painting that I will exhibit if selected as a finalist:* YES / NO
5. You may be required to provide proof of creating the stencil.
Which of the following can you supply if required:
– Images of the stencil in creation:
– Images of the stencil cut outs:
– A backlog of artworks that demonstrate your creative style:
Send your email, including payment details and stencil image attachment to entry [at] stencilartprize [dot] com by the 6 June 2017.
Contact us here if you have any questions.